Search this site:
Disneyland feels the need to officially tell you these items are not permitted into the park. Why? Presumably because people have tried, and even argued with Disneyland personnel who said, Uh hey buddy, where do you think you're going with that?
Some of these, I can see people not really knowing are frowned upon (wheelies, those shoes with the built-in wheels actually sound like a great idea to me, but apparently not to Disneyland). Others lead me to believe common sense is dead (guns, drugs). Above all, I just want to hear the story behind needing to include any of these on the list. Dead people, really?
So just to be perfectly clear, do not try entering The Happiest Place on Earth with...
3. Billy clubs
4. Brass knuckles
6. Stars (as in Chinese throwing, not celebrities)
7. Pepper spray
8. Mace (the weapon, not the spice)
9. Stun guns
11. Zip ties
12. Box cutters
13. Razor blades
14. Duct tape
19. Scooters (that actually sounds like a good idea, darn)
20. Shoes with built-in wheels (Wheelies)
21. Inline skates (Rollerblades)
25. Unicycles (Are you seeing a theme here? Basically nothing with wheels except for strollers or wheelchairs.)
26. Pogo sticks
27. Laser pointers
29. Stink bombs
30. Air horns
31. Cremated remains (People like to scatter ashes in the Haunted Mansion.)
32. Costumes, including princess dresses, if you're 9 or older (unless it's to a separately ticketed event like Mickey's Halloween Party)
33. Pots and pans
34. Musical instruments (you have to be part of a Disneyland-approved band or school-santioned event)
35. Megaphones (maybe before cell phones existed, people used these to find their friends?)
36. Pets (Service animals are ok. Your regular pets can stay in air-conditioned kennels outside the main entrance.)
37. A picnic basket (You can bring as much food as you want but are not allowed to bring it in anything larger than 24"x15"x18".)
38. Alcoholic beverages (maybe not a "weird" item but still surprising to some)
39. Any illegal substances (no not even if it's "medicinal")
40. Water pistols (If you need to cool off, bring a spray bottle or water mister)
41. Tattoos with bad words or lewd pictures
42. Clothing with bad words or lewd pictures
43. Clothing that is too ripped up or doesn't cover your ...self
45. Baseball bats
47. Hockey sticks
48. Golf clubs
49. Bows and arrows
50. Fire extinguishers
Discount Disneyland Tickets!
Save $31 EACH on 4-Day Park Hoppers!
Thanks for stopping by! Hope you enjoy my collection of Disneyland tips. Did I miss some? Send me your favorites!