The Disneyland discount is a rare thing.
Disneyland is many things but "cheap" isn't one of them. There is
money to be saved though, if you just look.
Read these tips to find out ways to save tons of cash on hotels, car rentals, restaurants, gifts, and more.
Believe it or not, there are actually some Disneyland freebies available.
- Balloons: If you break a balloon or even just find a broken balloon on the ground, take it to any balloon vendor for a free replacement.
- Coffee: Sadly, now that Starbucks replaced Market House on
Main St., free coffee refills are a thing of the past. But some say if
you keep your receipt and ask for refills at other Disneyland locations,
you may have luck.
- Water: You don't have to buy the bottled water. Ask for water from any concession stand and they will give you a cup of free H20.
- Soda: There are free refills at many restaurants. I'm not sure which ones so when in doubt, ask.
- Special Occasion Buttons:
If there's a birthday or other special occasion in your group, go to
City Hall on Main Street for a free Special Occasion Button. Whoever
gets to wear it will get special attention from Disney cast members and
it makes a cute souvenir.
- Photo Ops: As a part of Disneyland's PhotoPass program, there
are professional photographers around the park who will take your
picture. Their photos are expensive but they will usually take a
picture for you on your camera if you ask them.
- FastPasses: Not everyone seems to realize that Fastpasses are free.
If you've never heard of them, they are tickets that let you jump to
the front of the line (or near the front, anyway).
- Free Disney DVD: Order one from the Disneyland website
before your vacation to Disneyland. You'll get information about planning, rides, attractions, and special events. (Only
available for U.S. and Canada residents.)
- Email Souvenir: After riding Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters
in Disneyland's Tomorrowland, at the end of the ride you can e-mail
yourself your Astro Blaster score and picture.
- Disney Credit Card: You earn points
called "Disney Dream Reward Dollars" which can be exchanged for a
variety of things including DVDs, toys, stoller rentals, and more. Learn more.
- Autographed Photo: Disney will actually send you a photo
of your favorite Disney character. Just ask! Send a letter requesting
the character to:
Walt Disney Company,
Attn: Fan Mail Department
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521